FK Search

Monday, March 20, 2006

Lucky To Be Alive...

Whats wrong with the world ? Today was such a crazy day..!! And guess why....?? One of my room-mates got kidnapped. Yes..I kid you not!! But he was luck enough to be released unharmed the very same evening. My room-mate had gone out with his girfriend and on his way heard some screams for help. He went to towards the house to help and was held at gunpoint by the robbers and forced to go along with them . All this happened hardly in a span of 3 minutes. All this was witnessed by his girlfriend and she called me up as soon as this incident took place. I rushed to the scene along with a few others, but by then they had long gone.All we could do next was to lodge a complaint and wait for the "crappy" police department to work its wonders.The responseiveness of the policemen was slugggish and thats what really got me irritated. We had to explain the sequence of events to them atleast a dozen times and at the end of it all half of them were still confused as to what had happened. We did scan the area but couldnt find them anywhere.Luckily the goons called up on his girlfriends cell a while later and then in sometime released him at some remote place.It was a truly shocking experience for him and for us too. It just got me thinking about how unpredictable life is, and all of us no matter how rich or poor , big or small are susceptible to the same unpredictabilities of life.When shit happens ..it happens at the most unexpected times.I was expecting the worst , and was elated when i heard the news that they had released him without any injuries.Still...this incident is gonna play on my mind for a long long time...

Its 4 a.m , and I still cant sleep...

No comments: