FK Search

Friday, February 17, 2006

Jack of all trades... ??

I love boring lectures....they actually give me the time to sit back and analyze what I've achieved in life...And what I have planned for the future. Today was one such day...Extremely warm weather...and really boring professors..!! As I sat in the classroom gazing out of the window...I started thinking ... What have I really achieved in life till now ?? Only a few months till I graduate and yet I cannot boast of a single major accomplishment? I've always felt that taking up "engineering" was the biggest mistake in my life.I should have been in something more creative ...like advertising or branding , filmmaking etc.. But its too late to switch now. I've resigned to the fate I've chosen...and there's no turning back.The thing that irritates me the most is that I haven't excelled in any field in particular.Almost like being a jack of all trades and master of none.The problem with me is that anything that's new and interesting totally catches my attention.. , so that actually limits the attention span I give to a particular subject. That's probably why I'm well versed in most things in life..But I cant really say that I've mastered any of them.My table is littered with half read novels ...books about languages ..which I've barely flipped through ...books about programming... covered with layers of dust..A brand new guitar lying in the corner of the room , a SLR camera with fungus on the lens...this list could go on and on ..!! They're all witnesses to my problem. This is a major issue and has been in the back of my mind for the past few days.I get distracted too easily... Anything new and interesting comes up ..and i'll find myself trying to figure it out. It's good in a way ...because you are always up to date and know a little of everything ...but not really helpful in practical situations.I really want to get rid of this habit and actually pick up something and complete it in time ..or atleast manage to be the best at what I do.If only life was actually that simple...

No comments: