FK Search

Friday, May 20, 2005

Star Wars Sucks ....

Okay okay ...I know I have incurred the wrath of star wars fans everywhere...But its not the entire series I'm talking about . In fact ...I loved the 3 star wars movies which were made back then...But the newest three (i.e the prequels ) are nothing more than a two and a half hour display of fireworks !! I'm sorry...I haven't been able to blog as often as before . I had my semester end exams going on ..And they just got over yesterday , so I decided that going for the "worldwide release" premier show of the latest installment of star wars would be a good idea. But it all went downhill from there onwards.. I ended up missing the first ten minutes of the movie, but I doubt it was anything more than someone getting shot down or some lightsaber being stuffed up somebody's ass.George Lucas was someone I used to look up to as a director , but I guess age is really catching up with him . I mean , come on George ... I don't go to a much anticipated star wars movie just to be put thru a two and a half hour ordeal which in the end leaves a bitter taste in my stomach. I'm not a 10 year old kid who gets fascinated by men fighting it out with blue and red lightsabers ..., I need a good story to satisfy me , and an equally well written dialogue too. But sadly , it has none of those. There is hardly any "meaningful" dialogue in the entire move , other than the constant "yes sir" or "may the force be with you " ... And just when u think things seemed to get interesting , the camera just zooms around into some intergalactic freeway !!! aaaaarrrgh !! Now that's what I call poor editing. Considering the amount of times the lightsabers were flashing throughout the movie , I ended up with a severe headache by the time it was over . I wonder why such movies don't carry an epilepsy warning . LOL. Anyways ... What a waste of a good day....Hope you've had a better one !!

5 comments:

SeniorGato said...

yeah, sadly I agree... I saw the last one yesterday... the ending was sub standard... the acting of anakin and padmay was as pathetic as ever. But at least it didn't end happily ever after, cause that would have really ruined it. on the whole, they were ok. I got my thrills hearing the opening theme and watching yoda fight. The acting still makes me sick though. Oh well, at least its over. I figure, if you want a good sci fi, go Firefly...

Ray said...

yeah...seriously.... george did'nt even give a rats ass to the dialouges and the onscreen chemistry...

Unknown said...

i agree and was it just me or did Natalie Portman look awful in the first half of the movie? You would think with all of that time she spent grooming herself (what she finds out she is with child and becomes a futuristic stepford wife?) and lounging around, you would think she would look better.
www.luvsexytrstno1.com

Anonymous said...

And I thought I missed something when I found out it had already left the theatres....

Going to see the Premier of "Batman Begins" on Saturday, hope that prequel's not as bad as this one...

Tavo said...

loser.